Re: Student session at the Desktop Summit

Hi Denis!

> Yes I will most probably come (I'm living directly in Berlin and study
> and the Humboldt, after all), but I think I'm way too shy to present my
> GSoC project there, so I guess I'll just watch. ;)

This is a bit off-topic but I wanted to respond here:
Please try to make a talk at GUADEC. Usually the GSoC projects are
presented in form of lightning talks which is maximum ten minutes. This
is a really good excercise as nobody is there judging on you.

Lots of people talk there for the first time in front of a bigger
audience and not many people a born as great (english) speakers but be
sure that the GNOME community will take this into account and is
interested in what you present much more than whether your presentation
is stunning.

Other than that, most people (hi Andre, hi Vincent) usually create their
slides about 5 minutes before their talk so be sure your presentation
won't get negative attention ;)

So GUADEC is definitly the time to get out of your comfort zone!

Regards,
Johannes