Re: Project idea : presentation tool for the GNOME desktop

Hi!

> which is exactly what I think. What should I do then ? I don't want to
> duplicate their effort even though I'd be glad to work on such
> projects, and I don't think I can join them as a GSoC task, can I ?

Get in touch with them. It is usually no problem to join a project for
GSoC (actually most GSoC ideas are just additions to existing projects).
By asking what there plan are and how the project is going you also have
a good chance to find a mentor.

Regards,
Johannes