Anjuta Snippets Manager - weekly report #3

Hello,

   This is my third weekly report for my GSoC project which can also
be viewed on my blog [1], where I also have a screenshot and a brief
explanation of it.

    As of this week, a good part of the back-end is done, though I
only managed to code just the last 3 days once I was done with my
exam. This is also my first major weekly report since I made a lot of
changes and I have some results which are actually visible. Also, I
managed to implement more stuff than what I proposed for myself this
week.

    What I managed to pull off this week:
    - Implemented the support for global variables, that includes the
store where they are saved, the methods by which they are accessed and
the view which is right now in the preferences window, but as jhs
said, I should probably move it to the Snippets Editor. And I will,
once I will make the Snippets Editor :-), but for now it will stay
there.
    - Implemented the part of the insertion which can be done at this
point. That includes:
       1. Insertion at the cursor position in the document.
       2. Indentation detecting and adjusting the snippet content for that.
       3. Evaluating the global variables.
       4. Replacing all the variables with their default value in the
snippet content (if they are not global, or if they are global, but
the database doesn't hold a value for that global variable).
    - Made a hackergotchi and should be updated when daniel will have
enough time (actually to be fair, I found a hackergotchi with me in my
inbox in a morning a few days ago, done by a friend of mine and I just
adjusted it a bit).

    What I will do next week I don't know exactly, but I have a list
of things I should do for the next 2 weeks (actually I hope to be done
faster with them, but it depends on how much time I will need for the
rest of my exams, since I have 3 exams in these 2 weeks), after which
I will start making the Snippets Browser and Snippets Editor:
    - Define the 2 functions used to save the XML files (this
shouldn't last too long now, I lost a lot of time with the parsing of
the XML files because I had to study a bit the libxml).
    - Properly free the memory of the snippets database (though the
memory for the snippet and snippets-group objects is free'd properly
right now, so don't have that much to do here).
    - Write some methods which weren't that important until this point
(these should be just a few).
    - Review my code until this point and see if I can optimize some
things and make sure all the memory is free'd properly.
    - Make the database know about the language of the current
document and if the Snippets Manager has the option to show only the
snippets for the language of the current document, then the iterator
for the tree model should skip those snippets which are not relevant.
    - Make the trigger-key based insertion.
    - Convert the current macros in the Macro plugin to snippets for my plugin.
    - Modify the IAnjutaSnippetsManager interface and if jhs agrees
push my plugin to master and replace the current Macro plugin.

    If you don't have time to look up where my source code is saved,
you can view it here [2].

    See you guys next week :-).

[1] http://dragos-dena.blogspot.com/2010/06/anjuta-snippets-plugin-weekly-report-3.html
[2] http://github.com/dragos-dena/Anjuta-Snippets-Plugin