Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox: Improved Last.fm Plugin - Weekly Report 1

On Wed, 2010-06-02 at 22:45 +0200, Gilles Dartiguelongue wrote:
> about that, please check for the "[Rhythmbox-devel] Updating to the new
> last.fm API" thread in the archives of the mailing list. As my first
> mail seems to have disappeared before it was sent by my mailer, I wanted
> to restate that embedding a web interface in a desktop application for
> something like this just doesn't feel right and I would rather stop
> using Last.fm plugin altogether that to have to endure the pain of such
> integration.

After experimenting with both options, I feel I agree with you. There
are pros and cons to both. By embedding the browser there is no chance
of the user not seeing the page being opened, which is good. But it
leads to an awful mess. The user can then navigate to other pages from
within rhythmbox, which just doesn't seem right.

So unless anybody else feels this is a mistake, I'm going to make it
open in an external web browser. I'll listen to any arguments anyone has
about this, and I'm open to persuasion, but currently I feel this is the
better option.

Jamie