Gnome Shell Message Tray Week 10

Hopefully this will reach the lists before it's too horribly late.  I'm
somewhere in Britain on a train that has more people on it than seats
and the conductor won't let the train go until nobody's standing in the
isle...

This past week I got to experience GUADEC!  It was really quite neat to
meet the gnome shell devs in person and get to talk to them a little.
It was really fun learning how people got into FOSS and working on
gnome, and what other things they'd done in the past.  I also go to meet
a bunch of my fellow SoC students, and see a little of what they're
working on in person.

Despite the excitement, I managed to post a new patch for splitting the
status icons up, even though that still behaves nastily due to the hacks
we use with the embedded windows and the doesn't-play-well-with-others
nature of the windows in the first place.

I'm hoping to dive into the design concept frenzy and start making some
things based on mockups of stuff for the tray.  We'll see what's gobject
introspectable and what I might need to work on.

-Matt