Re: [GSOC2009] Gnome related project idea

On 03/22/2009 07:49 PM, Mario Gonzalez wrote:
Hello again,

2009/3/6 Adam Schreiber<sadam clemson edu>:
  Cool, can you please add the idea or a brief in the site[1] please?
It's a wiki.  You can add it yourself.

   I did it but today I read the page again and I realized it was
removed :-(  What does it mean? It wasn't a good idea? It was in the
wrong place?

Ideas were removed if they were not ideas we wanted to recommend to students. This could be because there was no mentor, or because the project seemed too big or too small, or for some other reason it just didn't seem like a good idea to recommend it. I think in the case of GDesklets, we had other projects that we thought should be higher priority.

You can apply for any idea, though. It doesn't have to be on the list. Whatever you choose, just make sure you can describe its goals clearly and specifically, with a good 3-month schedule, and if it's a good proposal we'll do what we can to find a mentor. :-)

Best,
Sandy