Re: Regarding Google Summer of Code 2009

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 1:52 AM, Sukhbir Singh <singheinstein gmail com> wrote:
> Hi Adam!
>
> Hello!
>
> I am interested in participating this year in Google Summer of Code and I
> have a great idea but the project may not be related to GNOME as such. The
> idea is in regard to Transmission, the BitTorrent client for GNOME (default
> as provided by Ubuntu). However, since that is not on the official GNOME
> list, is it eligible? Or you are interested in ideas specific to GNOME only?

In general I think we're looking for projects that exist within the
official GNOME release sets, projects that live in GNOME svn/git/VCS,
and projects that may be getting started but are run by GNOME
contributors.

In the past we have hosted students working on various freedesktop.org
and gstreamer projects as well.

I'm not sure that a transmission proposal would fit in with our normal
set of projects, but it all depends on what you would like to do with
it.

Cheers,

Adam