[weekly report] week 4: Pulse

Hey,

Sorry for the late report:

* MySQL and Pulse are friends now. Pulsate (the crawler of Pulse and
Pulse web interface can now run at the same time talking to the same
database - did not work with sqlite which in my point of view a
showstopper for deployment. At https://pulse.ludwigf.org/ is an instance
of Pulse running. As its based upon the experimental "applications"
branch you will encounter errors.

* Another rewrote of the activity graph. Its generated in completely in
JS now. This removes quite some code and makes it possible to create
interactive graphs. Also there is no need for generating the graph
images anymore which saves the crawler quite some time. In addition I
moved some of the generation of statistics from the crawler to Pulse
generating them on-demand and so speeding up the crawler even more.
Caching is of course also done.

* Integrated the bug-fetching part with the crawler framework.

this week
---------
I still got several working pieces floating around here, need to stick
them together and commit them - wanted to do this last week but I had
two exams that prevented me from getting it done :(  I want the new
graph stuff to show up on pulse.ludwigf.org and do some more testing
with IE (sigh).

Hoping for a really effective week,
--
Florian Ludwig <dino phidev org>