[weekly report] Week 3 : Allow Tracker to index online resources

Hi,
As for a lot other people, it's hard to get some spare time to work on my SOC project... My final school defense is in 4 or 5 days, after that I'll be in holidays (yay !). I managed to progress a bit anywyay, the Flickr bridges now pulls the metadata, parses them (basically, we get the raw metadata in the EXIF format from Flickr, ie sometimes as a fraction whereas nmm expects a double), and insert them into Tracker. That's a rather small step compared to what I had a week ago (dump metadata to screen), but at least now the bridge is "usable".
I also have a few points to sort out :
1. Picture thumbnails : metadata is nice, but I think user will find the picture they're looking for more easily if there's a thumbnail. Flickr allows me to get a thumbnail (so we don't hog the bandwidth), but I need a way to "attach" it to the resource. 2. URL : I need a way to store the URL of the picture I got from Flickr... I guess the solution is to use nfo:fileUrl.

The next directions of my work are :
- Bridge manager : currently it's just a simple user space process, I should make it a Tracker plugin - Other bridges : I'll have a look at Alexandre's progress on Google docs and take a decision according to that (work on Facebook or GDocs).

Cheers

Adrien