[weekly report] Week 1 : Allow Tracker to index remote resources

Hi there,

I didn't have a lot of time so far to work on the GSOC project due to school exams, but we (with Rob Taylor) nevertheless sorted out a few design issues. Bridges between Tracker and remote sites will be independent processes that fetch metadata and insert it into Tracker. At first, the sync will be dummy (ie not incremental), though it might change in the future. All the bridge are managed by a separate process which is used to monitor the status of the different bridges and initiate the identification process with the remote sites. The manager uses DBus to "talk" to the bridges.

So far, I have a basic version of the manager working which can list the available bridges and get their status, as well as identify bridges against remote websites. The only bridge so far is for Flickr, it can currently authenticate against the site and pull all the metadata. It does not insert the data into Tracker yet, but I'll do that shortly.

What is planned for next week :
1. Get a fully functionnal sync for Flickr
2. See how we integrate the bridge manager with Flickr

Note : All the details about my project are kept on a page on gnome live : http://live.gnome.org/Tracker/TrackerWebService

Cheers

Adrien