[weekly report] week 1: context pane in Rhythmbox

The first part of my project involved restructuring the main Rhythmbox
UI to accommodate the context panel on the right side. Since I will be
developing the context pane as a plugin, I needed to expose that area
to the plugin interface. Thus, the main task for the first week was
hacking the rhythmbox shell to allow plugins to access a right panel.
I completed this and submitted a patch which has gone through review.

For this next week, I will be working on integrating the actual UI
elements including the webkit widget which should be straight forward.
When that is done I will start writing the parser for fetching last.fm
data. If all goes as planned, I should be done with hacking core
rhythmbox code and will be able to just write the plugin code from now
on.

Have fun everyone.

John Iacona