[Weekly Report] Rhythmbox iPod/MTP Syncing

Hi all,
I didn't get as much done on my project as I had hoped. Unfortunately I still had class (last week and this week), but I had worked that into my schedule, so that last week was scheduled for GUI design and prototyping.

To that end I set up a GUI prototype. At this point it has the properties dialog, sync buttons (on the menubar and popup menu), and is set up to communicate with the status bar. I added in all the callback functions, and got the callbacks set up and ready to integrate with the worker functions. I e-mailed to the rhythmbox dev mailing list and got some good feedback on the GUI, with a few more things I will need to integrate, and a few gotchas to watch out for.

A few of the entries from my work log are (copy/pasted here):
   : Added "Sync" button to menubar, and popup-menu.  Needs Icon
   : Added "Sync On Connect" field to iPod Preferences, with CheckButton
   : Add Properties dialog to MTP plugin (in progress)
   : Added skeleton for rb_ipod_source_sync (RBiPodSource *source)
       - Called from rb_ipod_plugin_cmd_sync
TODO    : Finish setting up an MTP Properties pane
   : Sent e-mail to rhythmbox-devel asking for input on GUI design

This week is scheduled for design of the Synchronization systems, figuring out what needs to go where, and what functions we need to make sync'ing happen smoothly.

Paul