[weekly report] week 9: Music sharing in Banshee using Telepathy [banshee-soc]

What I did over the past week:

* Updated my documentation (in README file form) to reflect work done
for downloading
* Added a toggle option for allowing/disallowing downloading with contacts
* Added a queue to track downloads that are waiting to start instead
of doing any looping
* Added a StatusMessage property to my Contact class to track that in
addition to Status
* Added an Avatar class to pull contact's avatars
* Created a new display for the main container labeled "Contacts."
When clicked, it shows contacts and their avatars.
* Added an "UploadManager" which basically just pops up a small
progress bar when a contact is downloading from you. It allows you to
cancel all transferring files. When that happens, the transfers stop
on the receiving end and progress bar goes away too.
* Started adding support for Telepathy Stream tubes.
* Testing and bug fixing (which I always do, but trying to do a lot
more of it as we near the end of SoC)

Busy, busy.

What's planned for this week (and the weeks ahead):

* Decide how far we want to go with the "UploadManager."
* Continue work on Stream tubes
* Add music streaming (still brainstorming, but hoping to get this
done this week or next)
* Continue testing & bug fixing
* Possible MC5 migration
* Start thinking about additional doc, packaging, etc.

Git shortlog (yes, I commit very often):

neil lappy:~/src/banshee$ git log --since=07/17/09 | git shortlog
Neil Loknath (52):
      Fix announcer bug
      Wrap some API calls in try/catch, clean up
      Update documentation
      Update README
      README update
      Another README update
      Add toggle option for allowing downloads
      Put options in alpha order
      Robustify DBusUtility class
      Download to cache before import
      Fix Filename property
      Make TempDownloadDirectory property static, move to ContactSource
      Fix e-mail comment in headers
      Add DispatchableQueue class
      Add Exists method to DispatchableQueue
      Add a comment to DispatchableQueue
      Move static Count method to Dispatchable class
      Tweak, re-org in Dispatchable class
      Updated README
      Avoid looping to get DispatchableQueue.Count
      Rename methods
      Added some comments
      Some cleanup
      Make IsSelfInitiated a property
      Reorg code, add StatusMessage property to Contact
      Restructure GetPresenceInfo method and OnPresencesChanged event
      Update Contact.StatusMessage
      Add new Contact.Update method
      Created ContactSourceContents class
      Some cleanup
      Add Avatar class
      Fix removal of DBusActivity object in Contact.LoadServices
      Add Avatar.Clear method
      Basic work for new display for ContactContentsSource
      Fix order of LoadAvatar & AvatarLoaded handler
      Some clean up
      Clean up, fix StyleSet
      Clean up DBusTubeChannel.cs
      Initial work for StreamTubes
      Fix bug when cancelling all downloads
      Null check
      Try/catch in Avatar.Dispose
      Ignore exceptions in Dispose methods
      Add argument checking to DispatchManager
      Initial UploadManager
      Use Schema instead of ToggleAction
      Bug fixes related to UploadManager, debug info, etc.
      Use StateChanged event instead of Ready
      Fix event subscription
      Fix download queue bug