[Weekly report] Week 6: Seed+Clutter GNOME Games

Wot!? It's already week 6? Well - this week was quieter on the games front, mostly because I was getting Seed to a place where I'm comfortable making a release on my own. Hacking on documentation, the build system, finishing up the gettext module, fixing up various small bits in libseed, etc.

* I just started (and will finish tonight) my midterm evaluation.

* Seed 0.8.5 will (as long as Robb doesn't object) be out on Wednesday with massively revised documentation, and (barring disaster) will be the minimum version depended upon by my games by the end of the summer.

* Took two days (in between lots of seed work) to make a 4-line fix to LO to make it work with the latest Clutter+Gtk. It sounds like that was the last chunk of breakage for a good while, so I should have no more puzzles like that to solve...

* Restored the part of libgames-support I had to remove in order to get it introspecting, wrapped in a #ifdef for the gir scanner.

* Reorganized LO source into something resembling structure.

* Mostly finalized the new Same's gtk component. This isn't pushed yet because that machine has no 'net connection. Should be up tonight or tomorrow.

* Fought with xgettext a little, but the only lead I've gotten is to use double quotes for translatable strings and single quotes for untranslatable ones, but that *disgusts* me, so I'm hoping to stumble across a better solution, perhaps from someone who actually knows what's going on with i18n stuff.