Re: Google SoC 2009 Idea

(which means: this could be a project we're interested in if you make a
good proposal ;-))

Really -- what's important when applying to the summer of code is to
make a really solid proposal. This is what will help you get selected.

Vincent

Having done SoC 2007, 2008, that's the best advice I can give you. But I would add that you need to work closely with the project that you want to work on for SoC, since these are the people who decide if you'll be accepted. If you want to work with the gnome slider project, well, start talking to the gnome slider people. Now. The two SoC stints I did evolved out of previous contributions.