Re: Google SoC 2009 Idea

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Siddharth Prakash Singh
<spsneo gmail com> wrote:
> I am a student from India.  I wanted to contribute to Gnome as a
> googel summer of code developer. I wish to work on Nautilus Time
> Slider Project. I just wanted to confirm whether this project is of
> high priority or not?

Please don't send this kind of email to the admins directly.
gnome-soc-list is the appropriate list for this kind of discussion.
We will be triaging all the ideas posted on the ideas page, but in the
past proposals have been accepted that were not on the ideas page.
Just because an idea is triaged low doesn't mean an awesome proposal
wouldn't get it accepted.

On the topic of this idea specifically, since this is the second email
we've recieved on this topic, I'm not sure it would be extremely sure
it would be high priority since [1] indicates this is an experimental
file system and not yet in heavy use and isn't the default fs for any
distro yet.  In the past we've focussed on projects that make life
instantly better for users (see Cheese) or things that improve
infrastructure or development tools for developers, documentation
writers and translators, but there's no guarantee we will go the same
way this year.

Cheers,

Adam

[1] http://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page