Hi there

Hello,

My name is Siegfried Gevatter and I live in Barcelona, Catalonia (but
was born and lived in Germany before; my dad is German and my mother
Catalan). I am 18 years old and I'm about to finish Technological
Baccalaureate, to start Computer Engineering after the summer (most
likely at the Polytechnic University of Catalonia). In my free time I
am an Ubuntu Developer and I also maintain a bunch of packages in
Debian (actually, I plan to start the process to become a Debian
Developer as soon as I get my GPG key signed by one, at the Ubuntu
Developer Summit next month).

I've been using GNOME for a bit more than three years and I've been
following the process of GNOME Shell lately (even contributed some
patch, but only very little stuff), and somehow I had the crazy idea
to apply to GSoC, so here I am :).

My project (Owen, if you're around, thanks for suggesting it! :))
consists in integrating GNOME Zeitgeist into GNOME Shell, providing a
seamless clutter interface integrated into gnome-shell as an
alternative to Zeitgeist's GTK GUI. See
http://socghop.appspot.com/student_proposal/show/google/gsoc2009/rainct/t123834385935
for more details.

The project of coursse also covers doing any necessary changes to
GNOME Zeitgeist for this to be possible, like having it provide a
D-Bus interface, but in fact I already started with this a few weeks
ago and by now Zeitgeist is cleanly divided into a daemon and the
default GUI (and a bunch of other experimental ones) which
communicates with the former through D-Bus, and we are now getting
ready to release a first version of it. So, on May 23 (or a bit later,
as in the starts of July I have to do the University Access Exams)
I'll be able to start directly with the Shell stuff and having a good
knowledge of Zeitgeist :).

Anyway, if someone wants to have a look at my blog it's at
http://bloc.eurion.net (for subscription, GSoC stuff will be at
http://bloc.eurion.net/feed/atom/tag/gsoc2009 and if you want more,
most posts in English are at
http://bloc.eurion.net/archives/category/ubuntu-planet/feed). You can
contact me at rainct eurion net (or any other of the too many e-mail
aliases I have :P) or on IRC where I am as "RainCT" at
Freenode/GIMPnet/OFTC; I also have a Jabber account:
siggi gevatter gmail com

Ubuntu Developer. Debian Contributor.