Re: GSoC Proposal - Restyling of some old GNOME games

Hi Diego,

A number of points here:
- I think you may have underestimated how much work is required to
rewrite an entire program.  Rewriting involves a significant amount of
time to become feature complete with the existing codebase and a much
longer longer time to find all the new bugs that will have been
introduced.
- By producing a new codebase integration of these changes will be
like adding a new game to GNOME Games.  You will be the only person
with an in-depth knowledge of the code and thus there will be a
maintenance issue to overcome.  (You should expect this code to be
maintained/maintainable for ~5 years).
- I'd like to see some more details regarding the new functionality
that clutter will give these games.  While GNOME Games is pursuing a
strategy of moving to clutter change for change sake is not
necessarily good.  Please indicate what new effects will be added.
- There is no requirement to rewrite glChess in C - all the
functionality you are considering is available in Python through
bindings.
- If you want to use IRC from University I recommed using mibbit.com
which is a web-based IRC client.

Good luck!
--Robert