Conduit & iPod Module - Week 4

I'm a little late.

I've spent my week finishing the code of the other week, so now I have a separate class to support a track in an iPod. Because a track can be audio or video, I have support for both in a single class. I still havent refactored the Audio database, but it should be easy. Videos still dont work because I havent changed the video class to use GStreamer. I have yet to find a place of a super-class for both audio and video metadata.
I have implemented a database cache, so two classes accessing the same database at the same time dont end up having two different databases in memory and overwriting each other when they write to the file. I also made sure threads dont access them at the same time. It made the code slower, because of all the locks it has to do, so I plan to otimize it later.
And in the end I made sure all the recent changes were working, which led to songs being successfully uploaded to the iPod, which is a good progress.
I couldnt upload the code to my launchpad branch yet. I'm having some problems with that and I didnt had time to fix it.

I also spent a lot of time using GStreamer to convert videos. I had some problems building pipelines and running them. I only successfully converted a video on friday, after many days trying to make it work. I have a good idea how to implement the conversion engine, and I already have some code working, but there are still some work to integrate it.
The MediaManager project student contacted me and it seems I should be able to use his work to bring a much better experience to the user.

Unfortunately I have exams for the next two weeks. I dont have time to anything right now, so I dont think I will be able to work on the project too much.
I still plan to have something working to show at the GUADEC, where one of the Conduit developers is giving a talk.

--
Alexandre Rosenfeld

EngComp 06 - USP São Carlos