Conduit & iPod Module - Week 3

This week I had a very good progress in the code. I've published some initial code in a Bazaar branch at lp:~airmind/conduit/gsoc08
It is able to copy audio files and folders to the iPod, and includes a local database for testing. It requires a lot more testing, and I'm rewriting some of the code, but it's a good start.
In my private branch I've added Video support already, but that has broken a few things.
I've got some very good ideas on how to take it from now. I hope by the end of this week I will have something working.

I've been researching media conversion with GStreamer. I just ended reading the GStreamer manual, and now somethings are much more clear. I've got some code from another program that I will port to conduit. I'll introduce GStreamer as an alternative at first, because there are other modules using the ffmpeg and mencoder code, but with time I hope to use only GStreamer.

--
Alexandre Rosenfeld

EngComp 06 - USP São Carlos