Anjuta Git Plugin Week 2

For all of this past week I've been concentrating on the log entry
filtering/searching functionality. For the most part I've been
experimenting with various UI layouts to see which is the most user
friendly/least cluttered.

As I had laid out in my proposal, I'm placing all of the filtering
controls under an expander. But after some experimenting, I found that
just having all of the controls there still takes up way too much space,
so I put the different controls under a notebook with three tabs:

- Author/Grep: Allows users to search for commits with a certain author
or follow the given grep pattern.

- Date: Has two GtkCalendars where the user can select date ranges for
their queries

- Tag/Commit: In this section the user can enter tag names or commit SHA
hashes in the From/To fields.

And there's also a clear button below the notebook the the user can
clear the filters previously set.

For the most part I think this arrangement works well, aside from the
calendars being so big. The other problem I have is that when I open the
expander, it makes the whole Anjuta window bigger than the screen such
that you can't see the status bar or any bottom-most docks, like the
message pane. Does anyone know how I can stop that? Or should I just
dump the expander and use a separate dialog for this?

Oh, and as promised, here's an updated timetable for what I have left to
do:

June 12: Finish the filtering/searching stuff
June 16: Implement bisecting
June 18: Ignoring files
June 25: Remote branch handling
June 27: Pulling
June 30: Generating patch series
July 8: Cat files (getting contents of files, aka blobs, at any
revision)

You'll notice that I moved some things around a bit. I pushed cat all
the way down on the list because it's a little more involved than I
expected, so I did this to be totally safe. Also, I'm setting a
deliverable target for about mid-July. After it gets into SVN I'll start
thinking about extra features and that sort of thing. Feel free to make
suggestions if you like. :)

James