Report DVB Manager Week 3

Blog post at http://www.k-d-w.org/node/46

I didn't get everything done I intended to last week. The most notable
changes are:

      * I implemented a class RecordingsStore class that manages the
        finished recordings
      * Information stored in the Recording class is written to disk
        when the recordings is stopped that it can be restored next time
        the daemon starts
      * The recording will be stopped when an error appears while
        recording
      * Extended the Manager class. You have to register a device first,
        before you can use the Recorder of the device. It isn't
        accessible trough D-Bus anymore because Vala doesn't support
        arrays with D-Bus, yet.
      * Timers can be stored to disk and restored. However, this feature
        is currently not used, because I'm not sure what's the best
        location to store them
      * The patch that will convert all encodings to proper UTF-8 in
        GStreamer's mpegtsparse is basically ready. Zaheer is currently
        testing it.

Unfortunately, I was unable to continue the work on the scanner, because
Vala has some issues with Gst.Structure class.

My plan for the next week is:

      * Continue working on Scanner (depends if issues with Vala will be
        fixed in time)
      * Planing the storage/retrieval of EPG data (maybe start
        implementing it, too)

--
Greetings,
Sebastian Pölsterl