ProgressReport - 2007/05/15: FoieGras-GUI

hi all,

In last week I've been mostly reading and working with pyGTK  and getting to know the things that will be required for building the FoieGras  GUI. And I've also made a basic plan according to the main priorities of the things which have to be done so I can have a good idea where to start the actuall coding.

The most basic steps that are required to be done asap are,

1) Build a basic framework
2) Enable basic tag support - Hard code the tags using TextBuffer
3) Giving the ability to insert tables using GtkListView and TextCellRenderers
4) Correctly rendering inline and block elements
   For all of this pango will be used

So as a starting point I thought this will be a good place,  and Don(Donald Scorgie) also recommended it is a good place to start. There are many things that have to be done in this project, but we thought of getting this by several steps and this is the first step.

Also another concern I had to think of was, because FoieGras is done among two students, in sometime in the future we have to integrate the two parts. Since I'm doing the GUI part and Phenatic is doing the Application shell we have to be careful as to not make a clash that would waste both our time.

So with that in mind, I'm going to do some coding/testing work starting from this week. Hopefully I'll be able to report about it next week.

Cheers,
Buddhika

--
http://luckycala.wordpress.com