SoC progress report (file transfers in a LAN)

This week I read the telepathy-salut codebase and I'm learning the
Telepathy framework.

I quickly set up a trac site for this project at
http://techn.ocracy.org/telekinesis/ but at the moment it's nearly
without any content.

There are at least three different file transfer methods in XMPP (in
band, out of band and socks5), and they can be negotiated or not, so I
investigated the iChat behavior when initiating a file transfer. iChat
is using out of band transfer without negotiation, offering just a
simple HTTP download, i.e. something like
"http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP/Image%201.jpg";. So next week
I'm going to start implementing this method.

--
Marco Barisione
http://www.barisione.org/