Introduction

Hello,

I haven't had the time to introduce myself yet, but I'd like to do so now.

My name is Szilveszter Farkas, I study Computer Science and
Engineering at the Budapest University of Technology and Economics in
Hungary. This is not my first year in SoC, in 2006 I was working on
the graphical interface of the Bazaar distributed version control
system (codename: Olive, project name: bzr-gtk).

The first time I used GNOME was back in 1999. Since 2005 I've been
following the development closely, and now I finally decided to
contribute. The project I will work on this summer is a WYSIWYG-like
documentation editor for Project Mallard (that does not only involve
the GNOME desktop) - codename: Foie Gras. Buddhika has already
introduced himself, he's the other guy working on this project.
Because of SoC rules, we can't work together on the same codebase,
that's why our mentors (Don Scorgie and Shaun McCance) decided to
split up the task into two parts: the WYSIWYG editor widget
(Buddhika's part) and the application shell (responsible for handling
documents, translation, committing to subversion, or creating a patch
to be applied - and also providing a way to review that patch, and a
few other nice features).

This will be the first GUADEC I attend, I hope to see you all there!
(I will be doing a lighning talk about bzr-gtk, and a tutorial on GUI
application development with Mono.)

Blog address: http://phanatic.hu/ (some of the entries are written in
Hungarian, but you can easily find the English ones, because they are
tagged)

I'm really looking forward to working together with my mentor, and
with all of you of course :)

Cheers,
Szilveszter / phanatic