Progress Report - Telepathy VoIP/Video Call Client

Hi all,

Sorry for the lack of updates over the last few weeks. Progress has been
slower than I hoped for, which has discouraged me from reporting back to
you.

However, here are some of the more positive points from the last few weeks.

I completed my final university exams of the year just under two weeks
ago and since then I have been able to devote most of my time to SoC.

I read through a selection of works on GLib and GObject, including most
of The Official GNOME 2 Developer's Guide (many thanks for that Daniel
:) and took on one or two of the Empathy todo list tasks as some easy
target practice.

I have now started working on bringing the Gossip VoIP patch up to speed
so I can start to put together a basic widget for Empathy but am a
little stymied at the moment by some problems with the stream-engine.

At the weekend I discussed a few problems and my plan of action with my
mentor. I may go up to Cambridge later this week to bask in the wisdom
of the Collabora team and really kickstart the project :)

I have set up a blog at http://blog.splicky.net
Nothing to see as yet but watch that space! (I made a hackergotchi too,
but the file is stranded at the moment, along with most of my data, on
my other computer in London.)

Regards,
Elliot