Re: Final Report - Input handling

On Mon, 2007-08-27 at 02:05 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> I still don't understand the idea behind reimplementing a Bluetooth
> wizard that would deal only with input, and write it in Vala.
That's not the idea at all.

http://git.nicolast.be/?p=bluez-gnome.git;a=blob;f=wizard/wizard.vala;h=4313fc9be4777af3d2ad5903b4ccea3a7d01ee48;hb=342334bf470aeb3cd058e22642ad94688ba52c94

> What would this gain over the current system involving g-s-d? All keys
> should go through X, then it's the simple matter of handling them (or
> where the handling should be).
Is gsd a good place to put, eg, "disable touchpad" code? Or xrandr code
to be used when display switching buttons are pressed? If it is, this
could go in gsd indeed.
But then the functionality g-v-m provides could be in gsd too, or am I
missing something?

Nicolas