Progress report: Telekinesis

Hi,
this week I worked on the last things required to have a separated empathy-file-transfer program activated by mission-control when needed. This brought out some problems with the current spec, after some discussion on #telepathy we decided how to fix them but we are not yet sure on the exact API.

In the last days I wrote a plugin for nautilus-sendto so it can send files using Empathy. For screenshots and videos see http://www.barisione.org/blog.html/p=100

Now that the SOC period is over I will continue my work on this project. The next week(s) will be spent working on cleaning up the code and merging my branches with the main repositories.

This is what I have achieved during the SOC period:
- telepathy-spec: improved the file transfer interfaces
- gibber: generic file transfer support and an implementation using OOB (i.e. files are transferred using HTTP)
- telepathy-salut: support for file transfer channels
- libempathy: classes to handle file transfers
- libempathy-gtk: file transfer-related UI
- empathy-file-transfer: program activated by mission-control to handle file transfers
- nautilus-sendto: empathy plugin
- salut-chat: a python program used to test file transfer in telepathy-salut
- telekinesis jhbuild moduleset: a moduleset to build the Telekinesis stack

For more details, source code, screenshots, etc. see the project website at http://techn.ocracy.org/telekinesis/

--
Marco Barisione
http://www.barisione.org/