Progress report: Telekinesis

Hi,
this week I didn't code a lot and I mostly planned some enhancements.
I'm going to move the file transfer handler from the empathy executable
into a separate empathy-file-transfer program, giving several benefits,
in particular it will be easier to use file transfers from other
programs.
I also started to investigate nautilus-sendto to add an empathy backend.

On the coding side I fixed a nasty bug with Unix sockets which was
bugging me since guadec, and I started writing a workaround for a bug in
libsoup (#452280). I also fixed some other minor bugs not strictly
related to file transfer in Empathy and telepathy-salut.

We are also working on finalizing the file transfer interface telepathy
spec by refining some details and improving documentation. This step is
very important as we are defining a common API that will be available
through libtelepathy, thus removing the need for the automagically
generated stuff in tp-salut and empathy and allowing every client and
connection manager to use this interface.

--
Marco Barisione
http://www.barisione.org/