Ago3 Report - 04.08.2007

Sorry for the late reports. I guess I won't get any free hugs this time :P

Anyway, so what have I been doing during the last weeks?

To start let me tell you about a ‘under-heavy-development’ progress table I addded to live.gnome[1] so I have a clearer way to let others know what I have done so far and what is missing. Never the less, please remember it is still being built. As the times goes by I will be adding more tasks.

Anyway, returning to the subject. I can consider the moderation process complete. The features it is lacking will be added when the components they depend on are complete.

Moderators can already vote in favor or against a users’ work. If the global rating of that work reaches the imposed limits, it will be automatically moved to the public gallery (in case it was accepted) or back to the draft folder of the user (in case it was rejected). The only part of it missing is letting the user know that his work was accepted/rejected. Easily done when I have an internal message system implemented.

Users allowed to do so can now change others users permissions in the administrative interface and soon enough user edition will be also available.

Next steps will be to complete the submission process. This is a kind of boring task because it has a lot of forms to be handled. Since I’ve only completed the background submission process and I’m still missing Theme and Screenshot uploads I better finish this before starting any other part.

Other thing that is bothering me is that I’m slacking a bit in what concerns the looks. I think I is better to spend some time working in the layout of the whole page and specify a base style-sheet. And with this I mean define all the rules about links, paragraphs, headings, notices, etc.

Well, let me go back to work :)

Cheers,

Bruno