-----Original Message-----
From: gnome-slackware-admin gnome org
[mailto:gnome-slackware-admin gnome org] On Behalf Of Nicolas Laplante
Sent: 23. februar 2002 04:11
To: gnome-slackware gnome org
Cc: nicolas laplante sympatico ca
Subject: [gnome-slackware]Packages optimisations for different
architectures

Hi all!

I am a *proud* GNOME 1.4 user running Slackware 8.0.

I know the philosophy of Slackware is stability and simplicity. All the
gnome packages from the gtk1 disk are i386-optimized. I suggest, if one
have the time, to release i586 and/or i686 Gnome Slackware packages for
people running those kind of CPUs.

An optimized package should deliver better performance and thus, a
better overall Gnome experience.

That is just a suggestion. Feel free to flame me ;-)

Later, Nic