Re: [gnome-slackware]Gnome 2 Not Working Properly

On Wed, 2002-08-21 at 16:24, Vigil wrote:
> >If you had to install GNOME again, just try GARNOME
> Well, I downloaded them all and compiled them myself. Will Garnome let me
> uninstall everything? I prefer to use checkinstall so i can monitor and
> uninstall anything I install by using pkgtool (slackware dist).

I don't know, never tried uninstall GNOME2 (it's my default desktop
right now). I heard that there is a "make uninstall" but never tried. I
always install on a different directory (like /opt/gnome2), so, to
uninstall everything, I just remove the directory.

> Is it normal for it to take ages for an app to start?

Nope, it is not. But Gnome-Session may be trying to talk with a NET_WM
Window Manager, without answer.

> Had a look and it's there. I even uninstalled Gconf, deleted all that stuff, and
> installed it again. Same thing :-/

I had a similiar problem in the old days, but can't recall the solution.
Maybe removing the $HOME/.gconf and $HOME/.gconfd directories...