From: J (Jean-Claude Gervais) <progman3k gmail com>
To: gnome-shell-list gnome org
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2017 5:31 PM
Subject: Re: multiple top bars

> Hi,
>
> does the folder of the extension inside ~/.local/share/gnome-
> shell/extensions still exist?
>
> Can you try disabling *all* extensions with the toggle on the top
> right in gnome-tweak-tool and see if that fixes it?

Disabling all extensions with the gnome-tweak-tool did not fix the
problem. Rather, it left the top-bars active but with less items on
them.

However, deleting the newly-added folders in ~/.local/share/gnome-
shell/extensions (and logging out and then logging in) DID fix the
problem!

Thank you very much, Jan Niklas Hasse!