Re: Notifications are easy to dismiss by mistake

Hi,

On Sat, 18 Feb 2017, at 19:46, Albert Vaca wrote:
Then, if a notification is not persistent, this means you can no longer interact with it, which results in
a bad user experience.

I've found myself subconsciously learning to approach notifications slowly and with care to avoid this. Has
this happened to you as well?

Yes! I've often couldn't finish reading a notification.

I've thought about two different solutions:

- A potential solution would be to require a minimum amount of time (eg: 200ms) for the cursor to be on the
notification until it is considered "read" and can be dismissed on un-hover.

- A different approach would be to just disable this behavior and require the user to click the
notification or the "x" button on it, to acknowledge it has been read and dismiss it.

I personally prefer the first option, because I like the auto-dismiss behavior we have, but other desktops
like Plasma are opting for the second one. What do you think?

I'd also prefer the first option, but would suggest, that the length of the notification text could be taken
into account for the timeout.