Re: My gripes with Gnome Shell

Le 27/09/2016 à 15:42, Adam Tauno Williams a écrit :
On Tue, 2016-09-27 at 14:31 +0200, Jan Niklas Hasse wrote:
On Tue, 27 Sep 2016, at 13:44, 0x90 wrote:
See this thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/gnome/comments/53d5kz/need_dev_info_about_
legacy_traytopicons_plus_in/
To achieve this goal, all apps need to be redesigned.
After reading the thread I still don't know what the replacement is.
Just remove the tray icon? And run in the background without
illustrating that to the user?

I don't know - this seems reasonable to me.  If an application has a
service component... just provide the service.  As a user why do I
care? There is no need for me to see something unless something
happens.

GNOME Shell runs all kinds of components as background processes -
there is no need to present to the user.  I have numerous Evolution
processes, half a dozen GVFS processes, a GPG agent, an SSH agent, the
zeitgeist-datahub, etc...  I see nothing from them unless I need to.

Hmm yes... so what? I agree with that, it is not the topic.
Maybe it is me as I am not native in English, but it has nothing to do with what I explained before.

The topic is what to do with EXISTING applications and CURRENT workflow.