Re: Notifications [Was: My gripes with Gnome Shell]

Then you did not read or understood my example with Lollypop.

Or with KeepassX : do you think that it is reasonable to close / re-run this app, retyping the password OR to
leave it open all the time so that it shows in the Dock (forcing you to go back to its native workspace) and
in the activity view.

Seriously such a workflow cannot be sane in any form for anyone who is seriously using his computer.

The problem is that you have to keep the GUI open to get the notifications or/and the application running in
background.
And typically, such apps should not need to be in our sight all the time. I mean in the dock or activity,
especially when the minimizing feature has no effect on this view.

It is OK if you run 2 apps, let's say your browser and your mail client.

But I have a much more intensive use, so I don't want to have background apps in my view. That is why so many
(majority?) gnome users use an extension to have the tray on the bottom up.

I hope it clarifies, but it really seem to be hard to have Gnome people understand it, while many users are
expecting a solution.