Notifications [Was: My gripes with Gnome Shell]

On Tue, 2016-09-27 at 12:52 +0200, Jan Niklas Hasse wrote:
On Tue, 27 Sep 2016, at 11:47, 0x90 wrote:
Where is the man power to migrate or replace all these
applications?
Migrate to what? There's no real alternative to the tray in Gtk
AFAIK. AppIndicator could work, but GNOME Shell doesn't even support
it out of the box (only via an extension
https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/615/appindicator-support/).

As a user - - what is missing?

In Control / Notifications I have many options; the ability to turn
on/off notification banners.  I see indication of notifications in the
toolbar next to the time.  And I can toggle on/off notifications per
application.  I have many detailed options - out of the box.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383