Re: How to stop launching programs from startup

Yes there is desktop files in /etc/xdg/autostart, and there is desktop files in /usr/share/applications that contains X-GNOME-Autostart-* keys. I don't know if desktop files in /usr/share/applications are used if they contains autostart keys even if these files are not placed in /etc/xdg/autostart. I don't know. On my system, some desktop files in /etc/xdg/autostart are softlinks to /usr/share/applications, but not all are.

By the way, it means autostart candidates can be listed this way:

ls -1 /etc/xdg/autostart/*.desktop

and perhaps also:

grep -R 'X-GNOME-Autostart-' /usr/share/applications/ | cut -f1 -d: | sort -u

To disable one of them, just copy it in ~/.config/autostart/ and add the line:

X-GNOME-Autostart-enabled=false

--
Thomas DEBESSE

Am Dienstag, den 03.05.2016, 17:44 +0800 schrieb Chenxiong Qi:
> Hi,
Hey :)

> I recently noticed that there are a few programs launched
> automatically that I don't use anymore or I don't want to use it so
> far at least, such as gnome-software and evolution-calendar-factory.
> tried to closed them from tweak tools, but Statup Application does
> not
> list all the programs except VMware User Agent (I actually don't know
> which packages installed it). So, how can I configure startup
> application to prevent some programs from startup when launching
> gnome-shell? Thanks.
Maybe the applications are in /etc/xdg/autostart?
Haven't tested it myself, but you could try this:
https://askubuntu.com/a/118084
But I think it would NOT a good idea to delete them ^^

Greetings
Christoph
--
Visit me: