Re: A quick question

Hello Jeff:

The following works for me.
You can add a desktop file to your local applications directory.

Create a file "similar" to the following flashback.desktop:

[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
NoDisplay=false
Type=Application
Terminal=true
Icon=/home/bogwan/.local/icons/media-record-5.png
Name=Flash Back
Exec=/home/bogwan/.local/bin/do_flash_backup.sh

If you do not need to run your script in a terminal
session Terminal can be false. If you do need to see
output in a terminal session add "read" at the end of
the script.

Copy the file to ${HOME}/.local/share/applications .

Be sure the desktop file has executable permissions.

The desktop file will now be found in the Applications
Menu with the Name and Icon you used. You can add it to
your favorites.

Good luck,

Norman