Re: Enable window automaximisation

Hi Mattijs,

Matthijs Kooijman <matthijs stdin nl> writes:

Hey Loris,

I use one window per display and always want my windows maximised.
I'm using devilspie2 to achieve this. In the devilspie2 script, I have:

      if (get_window_name() ~= "Find/Replace ") then
              maximize()
      end

This maximizes all windows, except for one specific one that I didn't
want maximzed (YMMV as to exceptions).

Gr.

Matthijs

I finally got round to trying this out.  I'm sure it's great if you want
to set up lots of windows in a certain configuration.  However, my
use-case is very simple and when the window gets opened non-maximised
and devilspie2 maximises it, I get a sort of flicker and it just looks
like a bit of a kludge.

Gnome already has to make some choice about how big a new window should
be, so it seems to me that there should be some way of telling it to
open main windows maximised.  I would have though this might also be
useful for some people with partial sight who could benefit from
maximised windows.

Cheers,

Loris