Re: Default action to end session

+1 about the problem.

El 15/02/16 a les 12:19, Per Starbäck ha escrit:
gnome-shell encourages users to end a session by locking, suspending or
powering down, whereas logging out is less convenient, since you have to
open a submenu.

But the "normal" way to end a session depends on the system! For many
desktop computers in a lab logging out is the *normal* way to end a
session (with locking as a secondary choice in some situations).

I happen to administrate a lab where infrequent users often fail to log
themselves out, because the interface encourages other options.

I'm looking into how to write a gnome shell extension to do the right
thing (for this system), but I'd like to at the same time also ask if
there has been any thoughts about making some setting for the computer
(not the user) about what the normal ways to end a session on it are, so
the will be easily accessible buttons for those but not for others.