Re: questions about mutter:set_title_text

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 8:30 AM Olaf Hering <olaf aepfle de> wrote:
While reviewing this function I wonder why a limit of 512 chars for
title is enforced

Apparently some components used to have troubles with "ridiculously long titles": https://git.gnome.org/browse/mutter/commit?id=ef5299ee92af603a

and later its ignored if the window happens to be on
a remote host.

 Looks like an oversight of the original patch:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/mutter/commit?id=616d778f6b04 - though I doubt the corner case where the title is slightly under the arbitrary limit and then exceeds it after the hostname info has been appended matters much in practice ...

Also I wonder why the remote info is not appended if no title was
specified.

Likely just another oversight, but you'd have to ask Danielle for a conclusive answer.