Re: Question about locking down access to settings in gnome-shell...

Thank you for that, it seems so obvious now.  If I could pose another question...

If I understand correctly, the /org/gnome/desktop/session/idle-delay is what controls the idle timer for the screen lock.  I have tried various values to change this from the default 300 seconds, but have not had success.

gsettings shows that the value is "uint32 300", but dconf-editor just shows 300.  Shouldn't I be able to set the value to 120 in my /etc/dconf/db/site.d/00-site-settings file?  If so, what does that look like?

I have experiemented with the setting, trying 120, "uint32 120" and other values, but regarless of what I set in the dconf file gsettings reports "uint32 300".  To make things worse, sometimes dconf-editor core dumps when selecting the key.  I assume that means I have the wrong value type in the config file because removing the key from the config file and running dconf update relieves the crash issue, but returns the value to its default.

Kindly,
--Sean

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 10:05 AM, Rui Tiago Cação Matos <tiagomatos gmail com> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 3:55 PM, Sean <smalder73 gmail com> wrote:
> I am working on locking down various user settings using dconf locks and
> applying the config using puppet templates.  I'm managing a bunch of
> multi-user gnome desktops on Scientific Linux 7.1 with gnome-shell
> 3.8.4-45.el7 for a class room environment, but I'm struggling with what
> dconf/gsettings key locks access to the Settings / Privacy / Screen Lock /
> Automatic Screen Lock toggle.

/org/gnome/desktop/screensaver/lock-enabled