Re: OpenSuse GNOME logs

On 05/10/15 20:39, Sam Bull wrote:
On Mon, 2015-10-05 at 20:17 +1100, Tim wrote:
On 05/10/15 19:49, Florian Pelz wrote:
On 10/04/2015 03:30 PM, Sam Bull wrote:
However, I cannot find anywhere the logs for GNOME Shell are going.
journalctl claims no files were found, .xsession-errors has nothing from
GNOME in there. Does anybody know where the logs are going?

I don't know about extension development, but

$ journalctl | grep 'gnome-shell'

doesn't work?
gnome-shell messages go through gnome-session, until the day that systemd user jobs/sessions are switched
on, I don't think that work is
complete though, atleast wasn't last time I checked...

so:
journalctl /usr/bin/gnome-session
should do it
Yeah, I tried that, but journalctl claims no journal files were found...
both with the /usr/bin/gnome-session argument and without any arguments.
Does it make a difference that I've not installed it, just running the
live CD?
That sounds like a permissions error, atlest on debian/ubuntu you need to be a member of the 'adm' group, not
sure about other distro's though