Re: 401 error

On Sat, 2015-06-13 at 10:54 +0100, Sam Bull wrote:
On Mon, 2015-06-01 at 09:53 +0100, Sam Bull wrote:
In GNOME Shell 3.14, on Ubuntu 15.04, my extension is no longer able to
sync to Owncloud due to a 401 error. Is there a change to
Soup.message.new() that causes it to use cookies or something? I am
trying to authenticate by passing the username/password in the URL. I'm
not sure if there is an option to disable cookies or something else I
need to do to get the authentication working.

Details: https://github.com/owncloud/notes/issues/109

Does anybody have any idea? I still haven't got this working.
        Soup.Message.new("GET",
        "http://user:pwd owncloud url/index.php/apps/notes/api/v0.2/")
just keeps giving a 401. I can test this in curl and it works fine. This
used to work before I upgraded to Ubuntu 15.04/GNOME 3.14. This is also
broken on my Gentoo box with GNOME 3.14, where it was working fine on
3.12.

So, further research has led me to try connecting to the 'authenticate'
signal of the session, but this never gets triggered. So, I figured that
maybe I need to explicitly enable authentication, but the functions to
do this don't work. The error I get is:

        (gnome-shell:1470): libsoup-WARNING **: soup-session.c:887:
        invalid property id 18 for "add-feature-by-type" of type
        'GParamGType' in 'SoupSession'
        (gnome-shell:1470): Gjs-WARNING **: JS ERROR: TypeError:
        httpSession.add_feature_by_type is not a function

With the code:

        const httpSession = new Soup.Session();
        httpSession.add_feature_by_type(Soup.TYPE_AUTH_BASIC);

Anybody have any ideas at all?