Re: How to make window frame thinner

Here some hacks that I found:

Dim the title bar

Create ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css with the following content and restart the shell.

.header-bar.default-decoration {
    padding-top: 3px;
    padding-bottom: 3px;
}
.header-bar.default-decoration .button.titlebutton {
    padding-top: 2px;
    padding-bottom: 2px;
}

Change Overview Icon Text size

vi /usr/share/gnome-shell/theme/gnome-shell.css

Search “overview-icon” and change:

font-size: 9pt;

Reduce the top panel

su -

vi /usr/share/gnome-shell/theme/gnome-shell.css

Search panel and change:

font-size: 10pt;

height: 1.5em;