Re: Triggering of "App is not responding" dialog

On mar, 2014-05-20 at 11:07 -0400, Jasper St. Pierre wrote:
After focusing a window or the user clicks the close button, we send
out a ping. If in 5 seconds we don't hear back from the window, we
show the kill dialog.

Which basically means your app needs to respond to system events in a
timely manner. As an example, in pygame this could be done by calling
pygame.event.pump() at regular intervals in your loading routine
(http://www.pygame.org/docs/ref/event.html#pygame.event.pump). This
allows you to ignore the events, and just let pygame process them
internally.

Pygame is based upon SDL, so I expect you'll have similar functions
available.