Re: Help on searching application in activities overview

Evandro, thanks for your reply.

You mean 'update-desktop-database -q', as documented in GNOME package guidelines [1] ? I already set this in the install file (apparently i forgot it in groupwise, but i didn't forget in the messenger package).  I also ran this command manually as root with '-v' (verbose) flag set, but nothing changed.

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GNOME_Package_Guidelines

You need to run a post-install script to update the database of
desktop files. You can use a template for the script from pretty much
any other desktop app, see the polari AUR for example:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/polari/