Re: UI Freezes in gnome shell, usually when playing video ?

On Sat, Mar 08, 2014 at 02:55:06AM -0800, Stuart Axon wrote:
At least once a day if I play a video, on a web page or a video player everything freezes in gnome shell,
after the video has played for a few seconds.

The sound carries on, if I switch to another terminal and

pkill -HUP gnome-shell

Then switch back, everything is unfrozen and I can see the video - the whole time the sound from the video
never stops.

I've reproduced the bug using  chromium and firefox to play videos remotely, vlc and totem to play videos
locally.

On Ubuntnu 13.04

Gnome Shell 3.8.x on Debian SID no such issues, rather stable actually.