Gnome Shell getting sluggish and jerky after a few hours.

Hi,

Gnome Shell (3.8.4 on Ubuntu Gnome 13.10 x64) is quick and smooth when I
log in, but over time it slows down and switching between application
windows in Activities becomes jerky. There aren't any resource hogging
applications running and CPU usage is normal. I have never seen this
before so I wanted to ask here what could be causing it and maybe where
I should look to try to fix it.

--
//Christian
Dropbox - Your stuff anywhere! - https://db.tt/U8MqkVR